"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."- U.S. Army General George S. Patton & 1912 Olympian

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shawangunk Wine Trail Tour

On Saturday February 13th. My Valentine & I joined our sweet friends Marilee & Jamey Turner on a Wine Tour into the "Heart" of The Hudson Valley. The proceeds of the tour were donated to the WTU (Warrior Transition Unit-a unit that assists our wounded soldiers). The tour consisted of stops at 3 wineries. The first stop was my absolute favorite!! Brotherhood, named as America's Oldest Winery is rich with history & romance. Brotherhood is on the state & national registers of historic places. Our guide was very knowledgeable & we learned all kinds of facts about grape growing, barrel aging & wine making. We were given an extensive tour of the underground cellars-the largest in our country. Fascinating.... but the best part was the tasting!! Scott & I are by no means wine connoisseurs, but we very much enjoy paring that perfect wine to a delicious meal. I prefer white & Scott enjoys reds. We had the pleasure of tasting 6 different wines. Two of which I didn't taste at all because the smell was enough to knock me out & we still had 2 more winery stops. The following are shots I took while at Brotherhood Winery.

I wonder how many bottles one barrel can hold? Hum...? They probably told us!





This picture was taken at our second stop, Palaia Vineyards & Winery. It was a terrific day full of food, friends & great wine. Scott & I would like to give a special shout out to Marlena. Our fabulously funny daughter & live in babysitter!! We left the kids home with lots of junk food & they had a great day of playing with toys & not having to go anywhere.

0 comments: