"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."- U.S. Army General George S. Patton & 1912 Olympian

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Friday February 19th Marlena's first Semi-Formal Dance at West Point Middle School

I can not believe I have an almost 13 year old daughter. My sweet baby girl is looking far more than 13 years old!! Marlena is beautiful, funny & incredibly smart. She has the most contagious smile & just being around her makes you feel good about yourself. About an hour & a half before the dance we fixed her hair & added little clips off on the sides, I curled her long eye lashes & applied clear mascara, clear lip gloss to her lips & added my favorite bare minerals "celestine" eye shadow. Her cute lil spunky self was ready for her first semi-formal dance. I thought Scott was going to fall over when he looked at his baby girl & I of course kept running off to cry in secret. I look at her & I see so much of Scott, but I think I'm finally seeing me too. I hope so, because Marlena is full of only the best of Scott & I both!!

Marlena had a great time at the dance. Scott put it best, "at least we don't have a boy at the door." YET!!!!






0 comments: